Sandman-Futura- air abrasion device:
- can be used for patients of all ages- children, adults and elderly
- cavities of both deciduous and permanent teeth can be prepared without anesthesia
- can be used for patients allergic to anesthetics or vasodilators
- few areas can be treated simultaneously
- no odor, noise, vibration and negative associations cause by teeth preparations
- used for preparations of holes, cracks, and tunnels for restoration
- can be used for the preparation of least-accessible lateral areas
- used for the removal of amalgams and corrosion
- used for the preparation of enamel and dentin for better bonding
- used for cleaning of fissures and preparation of the surface before fillings
- used or preparation of small cavities (1-5 classes)
- used of hypoplasia before esthetic build-ups
- used for cleaning and preparation of teeth before cementation and fillings
- used for the preparation of metals and composites for a better adhesion
- used to remove smoker’s plague, calculus and teeth pigmentations
- used to make endodontic access through porcelain or fillings
- used for laboratory procedures
Photodynamic therapy with Helbo laser
Traditional cleaning and rinsing methods are not efficient enough to eliminate bacteria in biofilm. Strong antibiotics also don’t lead to a continuous success. Instead we receive negative side-effects and the risk of resistance appearance.
Helbo photodynamic therapy
Pathogenic bacteria in periodont can cause various diseases:
- Alveolitis (after tooth extraction)
- Necrosis of osseous tissue (after use of bisphosphonates)
- Long healing processes after apex resections
With the use of Helbo therapy, we can deprive patients from these inflammations/infections, avoid disruption of the healing process. Also, laser light accelerates healing and has an analgesic effect.
Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy is a new system using lasers to permanently remove the bacteria. The process starts as in the classic treatment with a thorough clean of teeth and gums, removing all the deposits that aloe the bacteria to thrive. Then a blue dye is applied to the gum and bone pockets. This is biochemically engineered to attach to the bacteria and acts as a photosensitizer, reacting to a particular wavelength of the laser.
The infected area is then exposed to a gentle laser beam. Various devices have been developed which allow the laser to be directed very specifically at even the least-accessible areas, ensuring that nothing is missed. The laser damages the bacterial membrane, destroying the bacteria.
Most medical treatments have some negative side-effects, but none have been found for the Helbo-system. Healthy gum cells are unaffected by the laser treatment, and the system restores the natural balance of gums, without any painful, intrusive process.
Piezosurgery (piezoelectric bone surgery) is a technique of bone surgery which is gaining popularity in the field of oral surgery in recent years. This device replaces motorized instruments (dental burs) – it’s some kind of ultrasonic knife, which cuts only hard tissues (bone, tooth), without traumatizing vessels and nerves. Manipulation is absolutely painless. This device is widely used during various procedures- implantations with bone graft and sinus lift, orthodontic microsurgery, teeth extractions. It’s not a problem to place an implant to a patient with a healthy bone tissue nowadays. Problems appear when we have to deal with bone loss due to traumatic extraction or tooth losses in the past, infection, or when osseous tissue is naturally thin. In such cases, we need previous surgical treatment- bone graft. Traditionally dental burs were used for this procedure. These instruments generate a significant amount of heat in a cutting zone that must be minimized by water irrigation. Overheating of adjacent tissue may alter or delay healing response. Reduced rotational speed decreases not only frictional heat but also cutting efficiency. Motorized cutting tools also decrease tactile sensitivity. Micro ultrasonic instruments have been developed with the aim of improving root surface debridement.
Piezosurgery uses piezoelectric ultrasonic vibrations to perform precise and safe osteotomies. Moreover, it reduces damage to osteocytes and permits good survival of bony cells during harvesting of bone.
- Micrometric, in as much as the insert, vibrates with a range of 60-200 at a modulated ultrasonic frequency, which while cutting, maintains the bone constantly clean, thus avoiding excessive temperatures
- Selective cutting, in a much as the vibration frequency, is optimal for the mineralized tissues (in fact, to cut soft tissues different frequency is required)
- Safe, in as much as the reduced range of micrometric vibrations, offers the possibility to perform surgery with very great precision
- Piezoelectric surgery seems to be more efficient in the first place of bone healing: it induces an earlier increase in bone morphogenetic proteins, controls the inflammatory process better, and stimulates remodeling of bone, as early as 56 days after treatment
- It provides faster bone regeneration and healing process
- Great control of surgical device
- Selective cutting and minimal operative invasion
- Reduced traumatic stress
- Decreased postintervention pain
- No risk of emphysema
Use of laser
Lasers are used in dentistry since 1994. They are used for the following manipulations: gingivotomy, gingivoplastics, frenulotomy, frenuloectomy, biopsy, implant’s disclosure, fibroma’s extraction, crown lengthening, root canal treatment, treatment of herpes and ulcers of mucous membrane, vestibuloplastics, etc.
Laser work is based on the ability to transform the energy into the light. In periodontology and oral surgery laser is a cutting instrument, in preventive dentistry- laser makes a better bonding between teeth and fillings. During teeth whitening laser is an activator and heat generator.
We use Picasso Lite (AMD Laser, USA). This device works both on soft and hard tissues without anesthesia. Laser is not heating during work, that’s why all manipulation performed by it don’t need anesthesia. Also while working on soft tissues with laser we don’t need stitches, wound heeling process is much faster due to non-traumatic laser action.
Nitrous oxide has significant medical uses, especially in surgery and dentistry, for its anesthetic and pain reducing effects. It’s name “laughing gas”, coined by Humphry Davy, is due to the euphoric effects upon inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as a dissociative anesthetic.
Nitrous oxide is a safe common sedation method that’s appropriate for adults and children.
Nitrous oxide’s sedation effect is felt within minutes, and the effect wears off within minutes after gas is stopped. Nitrous oxide is mainly used in conjunction with local dental anesthesia, which is still necessary to numb your mouth during oral surgery.
Because of those warm, positive sensations, our patients find nitrous oxide is excellent for helping them overcome fear and anxiety during dental procedures.